Chapter 7 – Religion and Spirituality
- Main D. Study: America Becoming Less Religious, More Secular. Newsweek, 5/12/15 at http://www.newsweek.com/study-america-becoming-less-christian-more-secular-330939 accessed 6/3/17.
- http://www.news-medical.net/news/20151211/Nearly-half-of-Muslim-Americans-face-discrimination-in-health-care-workplace.aspx accessed 6/2/17
- Gonccalves P, Lucchetti G, Menezes P, Vallada H. Religious and spiritual interventions in mental health care: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled clinical trials, Psychological Medicine (2015), 45, 2937–2949.
- http://www.churchauthority.org/living/contraception.asp Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research 2017, accessed 9/6/17
- Pew Research Center on Religion and Public Life at http://www.pewforum.org/2013/10/01/jewish-american-beliefs-attitudes-culture-survey/ accessed 6/1/17.
- Doolittle BR, Windish DM, Seelig CB. Burnout, coping, and spirituality among internal medicine resident physicians. J Grad Med Educ. 2013;5:257-261. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3693690/ Accessed December 10, 2014.
- Student perspectives on the diversity climate at a U.S. medical school: the need for a broader definition of diversity, Jasmeet S Dhaliwal1, Lori A Crane2, Morgan A Valley3 and Steven R Lowenstein2, 3BMC Research Notes20136:154.
- https://doi.org/10.1186/1756-0500-6-154 Religion, Spirituality, and Medicine: Psychiatrists’ and Other Physicians’ Differing Observations, Interpretations, and Clinical Approaches. Farr A. Curlin, M.D. Ryan E. Lawrence, M.Div. Shaun Odell, B.A. Marshall H. Chin, M.D., M.P.H. John D. Lantos, M.D. Harold G. Koenig, M.D. Keith G. Meador, M.D., Th.M., M.P.H. View Author and Article Information. Published online: December 01, 2007 | https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ajp.2007.06122088
- Religious Diversity: Practical Points for Health Care Providers. Chaplain John Ehman (email@example.com) 4/20/07, revised 5/8/12 at http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/pastoral/resed/diversity_points.html accessed 9/6/17